DeWalt level

1R954Baker-hvac

• 6 months later...

I have (had) the previous models, made by Empire. They were nice, but aren't very accurate. The 60cm had one vertical vial that wasn't true. Now the others aren't accurate as well. Horizontally they are fine, but vertical not. Also I had moisture inside the part that holds the vials on the big one. Can no longer read them clearly and in a rage I trashed it this afternoon.

So now I'm either gonna get the new ones or I go with Stabila. Been looking at the R300 levels. They look the business 

I have (had) the previous models, made by Empire. They were nice, but aren't very accurate. The 60cm had one vertical vial that wasn't true. Now the others aren't accurate as well. Horizontally they are fine, but vertical not. Also I had moisture inside the part that holds the vials on the big one. Can no longer read them clearly and in a rage I trashed it this afternoon.

So now I'm either gonna get the new ones or I go with Stabila. Been looking at the R300 levels. They look the business

Wow.... All three of mine are true all the way around. My Johnson level was only true horizontally one way. If it was flipped, it was off.

It sucks, cause a friendly guy from the DeWALT Owners Group was helpful in buying them for me and shipping them from the US to my country. All in all pretty expensive levels considering. I liked them. The feel and weight were perfect. 

I replaced the 60cm for the newer DeWALT model a while ago. This one is true. I do want to replace the others with the newer models, but I'm getting tired of importing all that stuff. It adds up to the costs and if they turn up missaligned, I'm screwed.

They really should make levels to be able to recalibrate them. I read a while ago that some brands do offer that, but not sure which.

I'm sure I could get them replaced if they are ever not true. DeWalt customer service has been quite amazing lately. Very hassle free. Only thing I don't like is the service center is 35-45 minutes away.

I'm not sure of the model numbers, but they're about 8 months old, large box beam, magnetic levels. About 30% larger than your traditions levels.

That's just the thing. If I wanted to get them replaced I have to go back the same route I got these. Send them to this guy, who then has to sent them to the seller from Amazon. Quite the hassle and extra costs. The downside of importing tools.

Better off buying new ones. Oh well, I can get the new DeWALT ones from the UK as well if possible so that will save me some bucks.

Perhaps I have to invest a bit more and buy the DeWALT's and the longer Stabila (244cm)

• 2 weeks later...