Which drill, angle grinder & tile cutter should I buy?

Smithy

I am just about to buy some new tools to use for laying natural stone and marble floors. As it is a lot of money to spend I obviously want to get quality stuff - can anyone recommend a good high power SDS (hammer) drill, an angle grinder 2300w plus with diamond disc, and a diamond disc tile cutter please?

for a hammer drill I low the Bosch SDS, bulldog. I have put this through so much pain and torture and the thing just runs. I don't really clean my tools like I should and the thing just pounds through anything.

Angle Grinder - Bosch. No I don't work for Bosch, but I do love these two tools. The grinder is the same way. I just think you get so much for the money. I had a hitachi angle grinder, and it sucked, just my opinion. I love the feel and the tool in gerneral is the Bosch.

Hope this helps.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but I went out of town for thanksgiven. I use the BOSCH 1810PS. It ran about $110 when i bought it, but I just say it on Amazon for around $80. I really beat the S**t out this thing and it last. I saw Bosch had some other models that were not as expensive, not sure the difference. Hope this helps.

Hey carp, just happen to stop by and say you were on.

I agree with you , I love the Bosch. I had a dewalt and didn't like the feel, it was probably a good grinder, but I ended up trading it for a drill and went out and bought a Bosch grinder. I am not sure which model I have, its at a jobsite right now. I wouldn't recommend this, but I left it out over night and it sleeted and then snowed that night. Forgot about it and remebered a couple of days later. Brought it in and let it warm up. Believe it or not, I pluged it in, once it dried, and it worked. Didn't even get electricuted. Still like the Dewalt drill, but I will always go with a bosch grinder.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest KelvinPowerTools.com

Hi,

For a High Power SDS Drill we would recommend the Bosch SDS-Plus Rotary Hammer Drill GBH2-26DRE.

A good angle grinder (2500 watts) would be the Metabo Angle Grinder W25-230. Diamond blades are available from £15 upwards and may require to be matched to the material being cut. A ‘general purpose’ blade is not always the best solution. Please feel free to contact us for further advice.

For a good diamond disc tile cutter we would recommend the Dewalt Tile Saw D2400.

Hope this helps.