is it possible to convert DC212 to Dch253

Frain20

so i bought the Dc212 along time ago and I've not really used is as the runtime on my old ni-cd  batteries where shocking.. Now I've heard you can convert the  Dc390 to the Dcs391
Do you know if its possible to convert my DC212 to Dch253

Some people hack up tools so they can run the 20v max batteries but its not recommended because things like overload protection wont work. You could pick up some 18v lithium battery packs, but I don't think the cost is worth it once you figure in the cost of the new lithium compatible charger and batteries. I would be interested in seeing how these guys are converting their tools, are they just slapping on 20v max tool bodies on them?

The best thing long term is sell the old nicad dewalt kit you have you have and pick up a new 20v max rotary hammer. I'm assuming you have 20v batteries already from other Dewalt tools because you were considering doing the conversion. If you just buy the bare tool it wont cost nearly as much as a full on kit.

• Like 1