DeWALT 72 Volt tools

KRK

You always hear "disruptive technology" from competitors, so DeWALT should up the ante and make a dual 36v battery powered tool. Screw Makita and their dual 18v tools, lets get a serious cordless tool in production!

Also, when is Hilti going to get off of their lazy asses and release a 10 gauge shotshell nailgun? You know, I don't wanna dick around all afternoon driving telephone poles into concrete by hand!

These tool companies are getting out of control by not listening to their customers needs!

• Like 1

What'll be funny is in a few years....we'll all be amazed at out 3.0 ah 18v cordless tools being changed to 27.5v 110v micro drivers that can screw 6" lags into pt (super wet)'in like a second and a half. It's amazing what technology has come out in the last couple of years I've been here. I saw the title and thought....wow, that don't take long!

• Like 1

I can remember when I was a young EMT in Manchester and getting issued a cell phone for the bus. It was for calling in IV and medication requests to the ED. I was like...."Wow....look at this....it's a phone inside a bag"! The thing weighed like five or six pounds, was the same size as a cordless phone, had a huge battery.....all in a bag that was a foot long!!!!!!! Now my iPhone 5s fits in my back pocket and is smaller than my mostly empty wallet.... my ipad 4s.....wow. Spock look out!

Of course now that I think about it, my commute to the station was 80 miles each way and I drove a three cylinder Chevy Geo Metro that got over fifty miles to the gallon and I still got stopped for speeding a bunch of times! Why the heck aren't we getting fifty miles to the gallon now???? Makes you wonder....

Cars are getting bigger and so are the engines. Look at the japanese midsize cars like the accord from the late 80's and early nineties and look at compact cars today. A civic which is a "compact" car is larger than a midsize from back then. Many of those jap cars were easily getting closer to 40 mpg back then but not any more.

Although I noticed hyundai started a trend with smaller engines on the sonata and still get great mpg. The altima continues that with 38 mpg

Javier has it right cars have gotten larger over the years. The other thing is weight cars are way heavier now than the were in the 80's. Safety rules and creature comforts over the years has added a bunch of weight to most cars. They are looking at ways to cut weight like the new F150 being made of out aluminum, but it has it's downsides its more expensive to work with.

• 3 weeks later...