Makita XPH07 review and comparison

Javier

Whats up guys, I got my hands on the new brushless torque animal the XPH07 from Makita. In this video I go over the review of the hammer drill. You guys remember the ads makita had where they compared the XPH07 with the Dewalt dcd995 and milwaukee fuel 2604-22 on paper? Well I went a step further and compared their performance to see how they stack against each other.

Great review Javier. Now I can justify a Makita purchase based on your review as opposed to my review of those two Makita Seniorita's! It's funny, I've switched all of my M18 tools over to help pay for some Festool purchases and now all I've got left of M18 stuff is a battery, dual,voltage charger and light. I don't have a hammer but.....:)

Thanks guys

Great review Javier. Now I can justify a Makita purchase based on your review as opposed to my review of those two Makita Seniorita's! It's funny, I've switched all of my M18 tools over to help pay for some Festool purchases and now all I've got left of M18 stuff is a battery, dual,voltage charger and light. I don't have a hammer but..... :)

hey the review of senoritas makitas is good enough for me to switch, I think milwaukee is doing something similar- they have Kate on coptool vids talking about milwaukee and here in so cal the stores I've seen reps have been replaced by chicks

Nice vid, J, but careful talking about fat guys... I could lose 20 lbs., and still be over 300! LOL

I didn't mean anything bad about it, just using that as a metaphor. Some people will make a fuss over less than half a pound difference in weight in drills so much more with a bigger difference with the makita. Although I weighed it in at 5.6 lbs on my scale, the same scale that comes up with the same documented figures for the dewalt and milwaukee. As I pick them up I tend to believe the makita is heavier but its only because I am going by the numbers but when you close your eyes and pick them up blindly you can't tell the difference

Excellent review!! I've been waiting for this exact comparison..

I'm deep into the Makita 18v platform and have been wishing for them to come out with a decent drill for a long time... I currently have the bhp451 (decent for its day but way old) and the lxph01 ( always been junk!!) With their recent crap streak of drills I was skeptical if this really was as amazing as it sounded or just a lot of big numbers on paper.. looks like it can back those numbers up!!

I'm sold

Thanks guys

hey the review of senoritas makitas is good enough for me to switch, I think milwaukee is doing something similar- they have Kate on coptool vids talking about milwaukee and here in so cal the stores I've seen reps have been replaced by chicks

I didn't mean anything bad about it, just using that as a metaphor. Some people will make a fuss over less than half a pound difference in weight in drills so much more with a bigger difference with the makita. Although I weighed it in at 5.6 lbs on my scale, the same scale that comes up with the same documented figures for the dewalt and milwaukee. As I pick them up I tend to believe the makita is heavier but its only because I am going by the numbers but when you close your eyes and pick them up blindly you can't tell the difference

No sweat, man, if I can't laugh at myself...

Besides, I'm tall enough I can almost get away with it.

Will do man. I'm excited to see what this thing can do!!

I'm interested to chuck up a mixing paddle and see how it handles mixing up some thinset and or joint compound.. those are things I always got my corded drills out for. Another thing I'm interested in seeing is how well it handles 4" and 6" carbide grit holesaws for drilling plaster and sheet rock when putting in old work lights

I realize it might be pushing the limits but I also drill 4" and 6" holes through walls to install exhaust vents.. it would be great to drill those cordless also.

That should be a piece of cake for the makita. My m18 fuel had no trouble with mixing buckets of quickrete and when I had the brushed dcd985 I made a ton of 6" holes into a motel complex. The walls had 3 layers of drywall some seemed to have a layer of plaster in the mix, anyways it did it great in any speed and when over head on the ladder I almost snapped my wrist a few times

Javier, once again you have created a fantastic review and comparison video that is highly informative.  I was going to do the same thing but since you have it'll save me about $650.00 LoL!

I am very impressed by this drill and am glad to see it beating the other two, the biggest driver of innovation and improvement is competition and Makita has finally made a mark the others can't turn a blind eye to.  

Thanks for another fine comparison, its a pleasure watching your videos.  

• Like 1