Hilti 36V hammer drill

FrosBros82

I got to use this product a little while back, so I figured I would share about it. I am assuming I am not the first to post on this, but none the less, here it goes.

First, the power and speed of this tool is amazing. I am not even that big of a Hilti fan (price $$$) but this tool is the real deal in my opinion. I borrowed it at work from the plumbing contractor and had to drill a few holes in concrete for dowels. It easily drilled the 5/8" holes that I needed to drill. Also, the dust extractor kit for the tools is pretty handy as well. I didn't use this application, but I witnessed some overhead drilling and it works great. I am currently building a new addition on a hospital, so this tool is very handy for dust control! In terms of the tool I would recommend it, but most people can't afford to spend over a grand on one tool, let alone something that you might not be using everyday.

FB82

im sure that thing was as good as they come.    hilti makes some very nice stuff.       if you are someone who is drilling holes every day all day then the price of a tool is almost not even a question.  i place more value in how well the tool will work, how accurate it is, how long it will last and what the warranty/service is like..     i dont work with much concrete so i dont have any hilti but i do invest in the highest quality tools specific to my trade.   

its amazing how far cordless technology has come in the last 10, 5, heck even the last year

for me, i just picked up the makita X2 36v rotary hammer.. that should be plenty for what i need it to do. 

• Like 2

I like that 36V Makita option. While I don't currently own any Makita cordless tools, it might be something that I explore. I have seen some of their cordless lawn tools and they look pretty cool. Also, they make other items that most companies don't, chainsaw, fan, etc.

FB82

• Like 1

Yeah, I currently have Milwaukee stuff. There was no real rhyme or reason why I picked Milwaukee, but I have not been disappointed thus far. There are other cordless tools from different brands that I like, but I don't really feel like owning a bunch of different batteries and what not. Thinking about getting the 5/8" SDS brushless hammer drill from Milwaukee. We do lots of tapcons and small holes in concrete, so I think this would be a good tool for work. The corded version will still have it's place on site, but I might have to get my hands on the cordless version.

Yeah, I currently have Milwaukee stuff. There was no real rhyme or reason why I picked Milwaukee, but I have not been disappointed thus far. There are other cordless tools from different brands that I like, but I don't really feel like owning a bunch of different batteries and what not. Thinking about getting the 5/8" SDS brushless hammer drill from Milwaukee. We do lots of tapcons and small holes in concrete, so I think this would be a good tool for work. The corded version will still have it's place on site, but I might have to get my hands on the cordless version.

Milwaukee has some great tools out there, i would say your in a good position to always have top of the line tools available to you within the m18 line..   

I feel you about not wanting to have multiple battery platforms.. i have been in the Makita LXT line for probably about 7 years now and while i have been tempted to add other brands or change brands all together at times i have always stayed with the single battery platform.   it is just so much more simple to have every tool run on one battery, not to mention less expensive being able to add bare tools instead of buying full kits all the time.     milwaukee has some great rotary hammer options out now!