Rant - Some people don't deserve nice tools.

Charles Harris

Warning this a rant. I'll try to keep it brief.

My wife's parents buy my brother in law a brand new Kubota tractor. He doesn't have any property it just to him to use on their property. Wouldn't listen to me and get a bush hog. Which I consider 90% of the reason to need a tractor on their property. They just got a speader and scrape blade.

So I go down to their house Saturday. And he has a rusty chain wrapped all around the brush guard and wedged into the plastic grill. I couldn't believe he would do that to a new tractor. My wife said he has never had anyone to teach him better and I should help him learn to take better care of it. (I grew up on a farm running equipment. I was taught your equipment was your livelyhood and you took care of it.) I called him and very politely explained how the loose ends of the chain hanging down could catch a tire and rip the brush guard and hood off of the tractor.

I go down there this morning and this is what I find.

This would have to be someone that doesn't care or is stupid. Both are bad in my opinion.

What is the point of the chain? Get a decent tarp and come bungee cords. Some one probably makes a real cover for that tractor. My friend has a Kubota tractor and loves it I don't know why you would abuse the poor thing plus they are not cheap either.

What is the point of the chain? Get a decent tarp and come bungee cords. Some one probably makes a real cover for that tractor. My friend has a Kubota tractor and loves it I don't know why you would abuse the poor thing plus they are not cheap either.

I assume he didn't want to go look for bungee straps. It is parked 10' from the house. He told our parents he had to have a barn for it and they have someone there today building one. I told them it wouldn't hurt the tractor to sit outside a little while. It was sitting outside at the dealer. A short time outside wont hurt the tractor but a chain thrown across the hood sure will.

• Like 1

I actually respect the fact that he wants to park his tractor in a barn under cover, out of the ellements, thats a good thing. But I also agree, especially with plastic hoods, not to use a chain tightly wrapped around it, as it could damage the hood. Some people have common sense in one area like he does, and no common sense in other's. Its time for him to be schooled by you on not only how to use a tractor, but how to take care of one. But he's got the storage idea right, can't say a bad thing about that. And I wouldn't leave a tractor uncovered in the rain either, I've seen small farm tractors come back with rusted clutches, and rusted fuel tanks that clog up the diesel lines.

I'm not saying it's bad to build a barn for it. I totally agree keeping it out of the elements will make it look good and last longer. I had just heard how it was an emergency that a barn had to be built immediately. There is a place to park it in the garage, But he would have to get off and fold down the roll bar.

Oh he's lazy, I get it, yeah, I've seen some people like that. They just want to make you shake your head. From my experience, to fold the rollbar, all you got to do is loosen a fluted knob, and the thing folds down, takes 5-seconds of ones time. lol

I think it's partially that and partially that he wants them to buy him a barn too.

so he was the kid that jumped up and down in the store until he got what he wanted......parents fault.......obviously it carried on right into adult life.....

• Like 6

I got three children (children....they are adults now...25yrs 22yrs and 21yrs) only thing I paid for straight up was university the rest they paid half that way they look after things they put out so much for.......

• Like 3