Rubber Bumper Something New?

roadhog96

Has anyone noticed that the Multitool has a rubber bumper inserted into the middle of the tool base in the area were the battery latch makes contact. Wonder why they decided to add this feature. Wonder if the new dry wall gun has this feature also? Do you think this has anything to do with loose fitting batteries?

Has anyone noticed that the Multitool has a rubber bumper inserted into the middle of the tool base in the area were the battery latch makes contact. Wonder why they decided to add this feature. Wonder if the new dry wall gun has this feature also? Do you think this has anything to do with loose fitting batteries?

I have not noticed that one on my tool. Will check it out next time I grab it.

Had to make a stop at Home Depot last night so I checked out the 20V dry wall screw gun on display. No rubber bumper for the battery on this one but the battery was snug with no movement. Didn't the dry wall screw gun come out after the Multitool? Why have it on one but not the other if it's a design change to correct the loose battery problem. This makes no sense, I don't get it.

• 4 weeks later...

On the left: DCS 355, Right: DCF 895

I know this is an old thread but I just noticed something else with the DCE355. Besides having the obvious rubber bumper in the middle of the base it has two small rubber bumpers on each side toward the rear of the base. I didn't notice those before. No wonder the battery is so snug. Now why didn't DeWalt do this on all the other 12V / 20V tools in the first place. Seems like they are always last to do things like this and only after they have tons of complaints. I don't understand how they cannot see flaws like this before they market something. Their design team needs a revamp.