Clean tools

tonylandin

My tools r definitely in need of a good cleaning. I entered a dewalt contest showing picture of dewalt tools and got slammed about how clean my tools looked. People thought I bought them just for the picture and then returned them. Lately I've just been lazy.

Tell them to stick it, just because you take pride in keep your tools clean and in good shape doesn't mean they should knock you for it.  I was always taught take pride in your work and that includes keeping your tools clean and in 6 months their tools are broke because they didn't clean the drywall dust out of their sawmill and the shoe rusts and locks and they have to go buy a new one, karma bit them in the behind.  Keep them tools clean!

• Like 2

Tell them to stick it, just because you take pride in keep your tools clean and in good shape doesn't mean they should knock you for it. I was always taught take pride in your work and that includes keeping your tools clean and in 6 months their tools are broke because they didn't clean the drywall dust out of their sawmill and the shoe rusts and locks and they have to go buy a new one, karma bit them in the behind. Keep them tools clean!

Preach on Jimbo! I am the same way. I don't have a lot of tools or even the top of the line tools, but I take a lot of pride in keeping what I have nice. I clean them everytime I use them.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My tools r definitely in need of a good cleaning. I entered a dewalt contest showing picture of dewalt tools and got slammed about how clean my tools looked. People thought I bought them just for the picture and then returned them. Lately I've just been lazy.

Even if they didn't look new, im sure someone somewhere was complaining

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

My power tools just get wiped down to where there's no residue that will rub off and get a light oil on all metal parts. My hand tools vet shined clean with whatever is convenient and also get a light oil all over. In my line of work if you can only smell the cow shit and not see it you're ahead of the game.

If someone owns a tool for 10 years and it still looks brand new, no dings, no scratches, no lost paint, and perfectly clean, it just tells me one thing, they never used the tool.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal tested

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1