Dewalt, makita, or rigid compact router?

jswoger1986

I know this response is going to be a little bit of a let down.  

I have both the Bosch and the DeWalt palm routers.  I have the DeWalt on my X-Carve as well, (per Dan's suggestion).  I started off with the Bosch Colt and have used it for at least 4 years now.  I love that unit. 

I didn't think anything could top that Bosch unit.  The DeWalt does everything the Colt does and just as well.  The biggest difference for me is the added niceties the DeWalt has.  The plexi-glass type base and LED light are nice features not found on the Bosch.  Both units have plunge base options, so a push here.  I prefer the bit changing on the Bosch better than the push button option on the dewalt.  It sounds backwards, but if your button fails to hold on your DeWalt, you are up the creek.

I can't say if I would pay extra for the DeWalt options, but either way you go, you can't go wrong.

Now, I haven't tried the Ridgid router, but I know someone who has it and he loves it.  So, I wouldn't hesitate on that one either.  

Sorry this wasn't very helpful.

Welcome to the forum and great response, thanks!

My Bosch colt came with a plexiglass base I think they updated the newer ones.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jimbo, I haven't seen the new one out but supposedly they took some great innovations to make their new machine much better including upping the power level. The one you have is the ubictuous compact router and is an absolutely awesome machine. I used to have the Ridgid, but it was actually too small for me and I was prone to tip it. Great machine just too easy for me to get myself hurt cause of my meat grips were too big,

was it just the ergos you liked better? i was looking pretty hard at the makita palm router when they had the $25 off purchase.

The egros helped but the valve for all the bases in the kit . Sometimes I run into odd ball jobs and feel like it would come in handy which it has. But the Bosch was solid wish they offered a lot like Makita overall I'm happy with the Makita has always come thru

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The egros helped but the valve for all the bases in the kit . Sometimes I run into odd ball jobs and feel like it would come in handy which it has. But the Bosch was solid wish they offered a lot like Makita overall I'm happy with the Makita has always come thru

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks. im so indecisive. ugh