Dewalt 40V XR Mower - Where is it?

BigJack

I emailed Dewalt to see what's up and received this response:

"Thank you for contacting us.  At this time we have no plans to offer a 40v XR lawn mower. I apologize if this causes you any inconvenience. Please check back with us in the future for new products. "

That's either a canned statement or a total bummer!  If you're in the market for outdoor tools and only want a single battery system / fuel type, you may want to look at other manufacturers.

its all in the details :)

dwain, on 22 Feb 2016 - 3:41 PM, said:

Go get the EGO, it's a great mower.

I did, and it is.   I picked up the 21" self-propelled EGO with the 7.5Ah 56V battery.  $600 bucks from Home Depot's website (ouch); but man-oh-man, it absolutely tore through 2/3 of an acre of a weeded field last weekend.  I did stop to charge for a few minutes, but I needed that break more than the mower did. 

Sorry Dewalt, you were too late to the game.

I did, and it is.   I picked up the 21" self-propelled EGO with the 7.5Ah 56V battery.  $600 bucks from Home Depot's website (ouch); but man-oh-man, it absolutely tore through 2/3 of an acre of a weeded field last weekend.  I did stop to charge for a few minutes, but I needed that break more than the mower did. 

Sorry Dewalt, you were too late to the game.

Nice! i didn't even know there was a self-propelled version! Some tool reviewer I am ...