HGTV sweeps that I won't be entering

JMG

For anyone here that is into these sweepstakes: http://www.hgtv.com/design/hgtv-dream-home/sweepstakes

For me personally, I could not afford to win something like this. Even with the cash prize that is attached to the total, I do not believe that I would be able to afford the tax on the prize itself, let alone the annual Florida property taxes. I lived in Florida for a bit over twenty two years and came to understand that waterfront properties can be taxed annually by as much as double the rate that a house just across the street from said property that is considered to be not on waterfront. The house in this prize package, depending on it's local tax structure and appraisal, could cost higher than 25k a year in tax, not to mention the issue of being able to afford, or even acquire, flood insurance.

I had a customer/friend who lived in one of those exclusive communities along the St. Johns river south of Jacksonville, and he gave me a run-down on some of the taxes for the homes around him once. It was both educational and scary. I do not personally know what the tax on the home in the prize package is, but my estimate was based on the conversations I had with my friend. One of the houses near him, on the water, was above 50k per year.

Like I said before. Enter everything! You never know lol

I would enter everything but only 1 in 500 contests let Canadians win anything so far I can only win anything from TIA....woot! 

so the chances for me to win are way less than some of you guys by a country mile...

I would enter everything but only 1 in 500 contests let Canadians win anything so far I can only win anything from TIA....woot! 

so the chances for me to win are way less than some of you guys by a country mile...

What's the worst they can say no? Worst case scenario is that you're in the exact same spot tomorrow you are today

What's the worst they can say no? Worst case scenario is that you're in the exact same spot tomorrow you are today

but that would be worse, winning and they say no you can't have it, that would be like being broke and hungry with a $1200 check in your pocket no one will cash....lol

More sweeps, is this country going insane with sweeps or what? So did anyone ever win that dam powerball deal? And was it worth it when the government takes 40% of your winnings? You think you get 1.6 billion? Think again, more like 325 million is what you get out of that BS because there is no law that provents the government from taking your money, even when it doesn't deserve it.

I think it went three ways but one is still unclaimed.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah 3 ways to reach ground 0 and realize life has just slapped you in the face and say, wake up sucker, nothing is free in this country. lol

So protool you wouldn't want the 325 mill? I say if I didn't have it before I'll take it now. The government will always win and get over on John Q Public. Deep breath, grab your tools and push forward lol