What's wrong with this picture? (Workplace Edition)

khariV

When I'm not collecting tools, destroying my house, making fun things in the garage or chasing after little people (2 & 3 year olds, not midgets), I spend my time in an office. Now, recently, they decided to renovate a section of the building for some reason or another. I had the misfortune of losing my office and getting parked on a cubicle right next to the construction. Here's what I get to sit next to every day.

f691276c1cc8b21bb4ccb87693cc0a4c.jpg

I work for a very large company, so money isn't an issue. The contractors they hired went through the trouble to put on a negative pressure system, which I get to listen to all day long and which you can see by the blowing plastic sheeting on the picture. What the didn't do however was to read the manual that described the concept on how negative pressure systems work and why you use them. They haven't bothered to seal up the space or provide an external air supply. So, all of the fumes from the paint, drywall mud, carpet cement, cement cleaner, curing concrete, drywall dust and everything else they bring on there circulates all through the entire office.

When they first started, we got to listen to an air hammer digging a channel into the concrete floor fir two days straight. At least they aren't hammering and drilling all day long anymore.

So, for the pros in the crew, is this what you guys see on a commercial renovation? Sorry for venting, but I've been going home every day nauseated and with a splitting headache from this crap and it's just getting old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

You have a point, they don't appear to have that set up quite right. I don't know exactly what needs to be done here. I've only worked on jobsites where the work was separated by doors and walls, during a renovation. We did have to keep dust down with water on cement saws and noise down using electric saws and also cover the smoke detectors in the area we were working in, and notify the fire department of any false alarms haha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk