Dewalt 6 Gallon pancake compressor 165psi @ HD

SevenOddosFence

our home depots are famous for phantom stock too, so when there is an item at a crazy low price you can search the store for hours and no one knows nothing all of a sudden......

Check the computer by customer service, it will tell you if they have them. You'll probably have to do some foot work, might be in the right aisle in top stock, could be in a random aisle. Wasting time if you don't check the computer, I've never heard of them showing none in stock but having one...asking an employee isn't going to get you anywhere most of the time, HD has great CS but this stuff is just not either known or shared by those employees that know(and probably have friends they inform about deals). I think that's why none are in Tampa, seems too often that all the good stuff is 0 stock almost immediately.

1 hour ago, Stercorarius said:

I'm glad I'm not in Tampa. Shoot we still have a good ten of the Husky/California Air compressors on sale for $99.

Had to drive out to an outlying area, Brandon, FL to find the one(well 5) that I found. Went to three of the Tampa HDs and found nothing. One of those three does seem to immediately pull some of the better clearance stuff and put it behind a lock and chain fence in top stock. I'm not really sure of the point of hiding items that are marked as "not having a home" in the store but not available to sell. It's wasting space and why wouldn't you want to give your customers a good deal? That's how you gain repeat customers. It's not costing them any money because they are already "lost" in the computer and considered a loss, it's just wasting space from their standpoint. Guess you don't have to take basic economics or accounting to manage a retail store. 

Though I've never understood the crushing/destroying of items in retail stores. It seems pretty stupid to pay someone to destroy an item that still has value, even donating the item for is a better idea. If you're going to write it off you can even give the stuff to employees, happy employees are better employees...or you can pay someone to destroy items adding to the financial loss of unsold product. I have a friend that told me that when he worked at Sears they'd discontinue an item and sometimes he'd end up destroying $10,000+ worth of electronics.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Vincent metcalfe
    Newest Member
    Vincent metcalfe