The grass is always greener...

Conductor562

Those little pick up type vans are all over the roads in the U.K they do a van version and they run for miles on a sniff of petrol and there are even 4 wheel drive versions.

They are very small but are very stable, and just as safe as those little plastic two seater merc cars that over here pay zero road tax due to very low carbon content of exhaust gases,

Those little pick up type vans are all over the roads in the U.K they do a van version and they run for miles on a sniff of petrol and there are even 4 wheel drive versions.

They are very small but are very stable, and just as safe as those little plastic two seater merc cars that over here pay zero road tax due to very low carbon content of exhaust gases,

I can understand why the mini trucks are not real popular in my area as we have very few local roads (under 35mph speed limit) on which they can operate. I don't get why they are not more popular in some of the denser population areas. In my area golf carts can be driven on the road and they make a lot more sense for most people to drive around. There are a few LSEVs that are in town, mainly Gem cars My county has taken the option to ban ATV use on dirt roads but in most other counties in the state their use is permissible on dirt roads utility ATVs (side by sides) rule the roost in those areas, the Polaris Ranger and Kubotas RTV in particular . They are surprisingly competent off road, but do not offer the creature comforts of those mini trucks, like heat and air conditioning and have little to no protection from the rain.

What are these little two seater mercs that you speak of, Google fails me in finding out what they are, bringing up Mercedes and Lincoln Mercury vehicles instead. What are they?

They are tiney Mercedes cars.

Could you name a model of tiny Mercedes? We don't really have many small Mercedes here in the states other than the likes of the SL roadsters and the like, which are performance cars and not known for economy.

Also those mini vans can easily do 70 mph on out 4 lane motorways so I don't get all the fuss and limits they have on them in the U.S?

We have the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration standards that vehicles have to pass to be certified for use on our roads. Slow speed vehicles face far less stringent standards. If your REALLY want to know.

We had a couple of plants that used them and sold them off as the shut units down and stuff. People bought them and for awhile there were at least 10 or so running around town. We had a few of the larger gas powered mini trucks but I always liked the Cushman.

We had a couple of plants that used them and sold them off as the shut units down and stuff. People bought them and for awhile there were at least 10 or so running around town. We had a few of the larger gas powered mini trucks but I always liked the Cushman.

Which mini trucks?

This is a Cushman trike that I'm familiar with, they used to be used a lot on commercial lots

medium_Cushman-Delivery-Trike.jpg

Cushman is still in business and looks like they have some pretty serious buggies.

COM_utility_sublndpg_main1.jpg

Man, this thing is cool too. No more than I use a plate joiner I could easily get by with a cordless model.

makita-frezarka-bpj180rfe-39336.jpg

Dewalt offered one, I don't think it sold very well, and I believe they discontinued it, I personally don't think of that as a tool I would really go that far out of my way for a cordless version. If I'm using a biscuits, I'm either in my own shop or the project I'm working on is far enough along to have power installed everywhere.

I would like to see a few more tool brands thrown into the mix here in the states. Draper has a couple I might want to try.

Einhell is another. They have a firewood saw the likes of which hasn't been seen in the US in decades.

post-573-0-14008200-1345273213_thumb.jpe

Skil isn't the only one with a flooring saw, I think I might prefer the Einhell version.

post-573-0-73104000-1345273364_thumb.jpe

The Chinese being such prolific manufacturers, I have to wonder why we they haven’t brought in some of their domestic brands to us here in the United States.

Some of their tools I'm sure would appeal to some people here. Like Shuangmu line. I would probably try one of their saws if it was priced reasonably.

2011622151347814.jpg

They do on occasion come up with some interesting ideas, like mini circular saws . If they can build tools for Milwaukee and the like I just don't understand why we don't have any Chinese brands available.

Some of the Asain hand tool manufacturers are going to be a force to be reckoned with in the not to distant future, if they ever figure out how to market there tools successfully here in the States.

Check out this set by Toptul , and know that they could probably bring that set in here for less than a hundred dollars.

In Brazil you can go to Walmart and buy a Ferrari........................... Tablesaw.

post-573-0-27856700-1345284996_thumb.jpg

as a matter of fact there is a whole line of Ferrari power tools, They look like they be might almost be as good as Black & Decker. I get the same feeling from seeing these tools that I get from seeing what Snap-on offers in Walmart.