Keen work boots: any good East coast dealers ?

hemdale

Hi guys,

I'll be visiting a friend in Boston from 14 until 18 june and then going to NYC from 19 until 21 june.

Because of some crazy legal / OSHA certifications BS , and so on, they are not sold in Europe. 

I heard very good things about Keen work boots and I would like to give 'em a try. If you had a good experience with any of their models, let me know.

Alternatively, if you have any good tools / hardware / workwear stores you would recommand in the Boston and NYC area then I'm all ears !

Many thanks.

H

• Like 1

I use timberland pro boots, they have more options than keen which seem more like a gym shoes than a boot which isn't necessarily bad, but bro in wet environments I prefer more waterproof options.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey enjoy your stay in the states, but don't expect a bistro full of baguettes and wine bottles on every corner lol

I can't help you with any good shopping places, as I'm not from around there, but hopefully you can find good places via online maps

• Like 2

Keen shoes,sandals and BOOTS are awesome. Comfy waterproof just fine if needed and they are built well.

Id also suggest you checkout some Danner boots if possible. I like them alot too. Happy feet = Happy you.  I have size 15 b width with low arch feet so not always easy to find ones that fit proper,I tend to find dr martens in my size fairly often too. Love that air wave sole. Get some superfeet insoles for your new boots too,you will be in foot heaven man.

In the shop its standing on concrete floors for 8+ hours a day and I have a back injury so foot comfort even that much more important.

If there is a barebones workwear or workworld or similar where he lives id look there first. Keen website should show you locations by his area code.

• Like 1

What kind of work do you do? Construction and roofers especially love keens. They make any style you could Want. Stay away from Georgia's they are garbage. Never tried Danners but a lot of the guys I work with like them. I just got my first pair of red wings and love them to death. I grew up doing construction in worn out Nike's  just like my dad. Moved onto a dozen pair of thirty dollar misc. boots and suffered through that. Spent two years wearing nothing but $15 PVC irrigation boots on my feet for 12-18 hours a day six days a week. Got frostbite in them, broke my foot in them. I bought a pair of Georgia's and had them for less than 4 months. I had my first pair when I ran tanker truck night shift (little foot work) and had to warranty them after the hooks for the laces ripped out the first week. On the second pair I couldn't walk anywhere remotely wet without slipping and about falling which is a problem on a dairy. After I slipped and slid down about 10' of tin roof and, if it weren't for catching myself on the man lift at the edge, would have taken a thirty foot fall I decided it was time for a new pair of boots. The $15 pvc boots were ten times the boot they were. I finally  bought a pair of 230$ redwings and couldn't be happier. They were the most uncomfortable to break in but now, with regular oiling, they are super comfortable. I highly  recommend them. You can get them made in the USA in any configuration. The vibrom soles are the bomb. I can wear them in cow shit all day without any leaks which is impressive for lace ups. Great all around boots. Any ranch and home outfitter should carry them (I'm from the west (best) coast so I don't know what the store environment is like over in that side)

• Like 1

Never had a pair of Keen's but a buddy does and he doesn't like them but he is pretty rough on everything he has. I've had Red Wings for the last ten years and I don't foresee myself getting anything else. When I was in the field I was on concrete 8 to 14 hours a day and never had an issue with them. They cost a pretty penny but when you factor in longevity they pay for themselves. Like any good tool, buy for price buy'em twice. A buddy of mine is an electrician and he swears by Carolina Gold's, but I've never tried them myself.

• Like 1