6 Pack battery charger

69 Challenger

As long as you keep it plugged in then it could be ok but I'm not completely certain but I do know for sure that you don't want to keep the batteries in the charger while it's unplugged. It will drain the batteries. 

My boss charged up his makita battery on a job we were working on and when it was charged he unplugged the charger and left the battery in it. Two weeks later I went to use the battery and it was completely drained. Luckily it hadn't drained past the cutoff point and it took a charge again 

Yeah, I'm kind of confused.  It says it has a maintenance mode, which seems to indicate that you can leave them in there for however long, but people say it drains the battery beyond the lower voltage limit.  And if you check the HD site and read through the questions on the charger, the Ryobi people say not to leave them on there.  Since I'm just a weekend DIYer, there will be periods where I have nothing going on and batteries will just sit.

The way these new batteries are you can charge them up to full capacity, take them out of the charger and let them sit there for 6 months and they will still have charge in them to use. There's no reason to leave them in the charger after they've charged up if you're not going to be using them for a few months. 

You can top them up every 3 or 4 months too if you like but these new lithium ion batteries can hold their charge for a long time when not being used. The older ni-cad batteries used to drain down if they weren't used

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paddy said:

The way these new batteries are you can charge them up to full capacity, take them out of the charger and let them sit there for 6 months and they will still have charge in them to use. There's no reason to leave them in the charger after they've charged up if you're not going to be using them for a few months. 

You can top them up every 3 or 4 months too if you like but these new lithium ion batteries can hold their charge for a long time when not being used. The older ni-cad batteries used to drain down if they weren't used

This...for better or worse I've got more batteries than I know what to do with.  My DeWalt 12v Max batteries sit idle for months but are ready when I need them, and some are 8 years old.  My 8v Max gyro drivers see the batteries charged maybe twice a year.