Old XDT08 vs new?

pnelego

I'm planning on purchasing a new impact driver, not for wood, but instead for screws and bolts on equipment. We have a XDT08 and an XDT04 in the shop, and the 08 massively overpowers the 04 in almost every circumstance. As i'm building up my own tool system, i'm in need of a good impact driver. And i'm concerned i may get a lower power impact driver (comparable to the xdt04). so my question is; what is the modern brush-less version of the xdt08 that can still deliver that much power? I can make one good purchase of an impact driver here; and I want  need to make it a good one.

Thanks!

The xdt13 is pretty much the current replacement for the xdt08, and is a great impact if you don't have a need for variable speeds. The xdt14 is very similar, but with three speeds and some specialty modes that might be worth you looking at. I find variable speeds and the modes very useful. There is also the xdt12 which has a few minor (my opinion) perks over the xdt14, and the xdt16 which is the current "flagship" Makita impact driver with multiple combinations of speeds and specialty modes. Check prices, sometimes I see the higher end ones for similar prices as the more basic models.