Hart Power Tools

fm2176

I posted a deal for the super novice in the Tool Deals sub-forum yesterday, and today I was reminded of something else I saw while at Wal-Mart.

My YouTube feed recommend a video from a certain channel and remodeler located in Philly.  Let's just say that like many others I was drawn in by his personality and over-the-top videos, left a positive comment on one of his videos (which he responded to), then grew away a bit as I realized that like many other internet celebrities who review products, his channel seemed a bit less than honest about some of their reviews.  I still enjoy the videos on occasion, and respect the fact that the channel has grown by almost 150,000 subscribers since last year, but I won't specify out of respect to those members of the TIA Crew who also upload content to YouTube.  No need to advertise for the competition, though many of you are likely familiar with the channel in question.

Enough about the video...I passed a prominent display of Hart power tools the other day and was intrigued by them.  A cursory search shows that TIA and many other reviewers have already made content about them, but I haven't seen any mention here.  Did I miss it?  

Anyway, my intrigue is due to the fact that Walmart seems to be stepping up its game when it comes to cordless tools.  They've had 18v Bostitch for years, but they seem to be confined to a drill and impact driver.  The Hart selection is larger and much more prominently displayed than I recall Bostitch (or its Walmart predecessor Fat Max) ever being.

While I suppose it's nice that Walmart is stepping up its cordless tool game, as many areas that lack a big box home improvement store have a Walmart, I wonder exactly how well these will sell.  I posted about the 4-piece Hyper Tough set being on clearance for $30, after a recent price of $50 and original price of $74.  The similar Hart kit is $178, though it contains the same tools (drill, impact, recip, and light).  Will the average homeowner be willing to fork over $100-$150 more for the same number and type of tools?  Is Walmart hoping to attract some of those who might otherwise buy Ryobi or Kobalt, in hopes of cornering those markets where Home Depot and Lowe's lack a presence?

Sorry for another long-winded post, leave always finds me bored and inquisitive.