Milwaukee FUEL fit and finish

olletsocmit

Let me start out by saying I usually don't worry about things like this, but after I saw this on a few other forums with people saying the same thing  I just wanted to ask.   My Milwaukee fuel drill and driver set is about a month old.   My tools only get used around my house I am not a contract or anything.  Is the fit and finish of these tools quite honestly not good because I have literally babied this set for the past month and this drill looks horrible already.  It looks like it's been dropped a few times and run hard against the concrete.  It's very hard to get pictures of it but maybe these help I'm not sure  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OK I just wanted to make sure. pretty disappointing with the fit and finish of these...but some Bad ass tools thou.   Don't think I will get anything but Milwaukee unless something else comes out that's pretty crazy in the next few years. For a homeowner fuel is def enough for me.  Pretty crazy that a brand-new drill doesn't even have the locking washers lined up 

I literally have never looked this closely at my tools like this, the only exception would be my Milwaukee cheater wrench which have big enough abnormalities in the casting for me to notice at a normal glance.

Do you have other tools of similar build you could compare this to? These are mass produced and unfortunately not made the same as those of days gone by, and if you want a perfect looking tool, you're definitely paying out the nose for them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Those rubber bumpers on the side are as much to protect your work pieces as the tool. They bump against everything and even take some abrasions from getting put in and out of your tool bag. They are soft for this purpose and are going to wear out. You should see the rubber overmould on my hackzall after some heavy abuse ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JerryNY said:

Those rubber bumpers on the side are as much to protect your work pieces as the tool. They bump against everything and even take some abrasions from getting put in and out of your tool bag. They are soft for this purpose and are going to wear out. You should see the rubber overmould on my hackzall after some heavy abuse ?

You should see my older sawzall! lol

• 2 weeks later...