Generator and Intech Trailers

I have been asked to look into a project for a customer who is having a custom built trailer from Intech in Indiana. Basically it comes down to his disbelief of their charges when it came to the generator option, and wants me to look into options instead of them doing it.

I wanted to find out more about the Ridgid with the Subaru motor in it, but it has been discontinued? According to the Home Depot, who apparently is the only listed retailer on Ridgid's website:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-8-000-Watt-Gasoline-Powered-Generator-with-Subaru-Engine-DISCONTINUED-RD8000/100671886

I saw the Firman generator on the channel and was hoping to get some first hand experience with one of theirs, but I don't think anyone here has ever run across one? 

I think I will try to price out a Ridgid with the Honda in it as well.

This should be an interesting project, although he's spending some good money on the trailer no doubt, why not just get their generator and setup from them as well? I'm not sure, but I'll be happy to do the work. Anyone heard of Onan generators? 

19 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I have been asked to look into a project for a customer who is having a custom built trailer from Intech in Indiana. Basically it comes down to his disbelief of their charges when it came to the generator option, and wants me to look into options instead of them doing it.

I wanted to find out more about the Ridgid with the Subaru motor in it, but it has been discontinued? According to the Home Depot, who apparently is the only listed retailer on Ridgid's website:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-8-000-Watt-Gasoline-Powered-Generator-with-Subaru-Engine-DISCONTINUED-RD8000/100671886

I saw the Firman generator on the channel and was hoping to get some first hand experience with one of theirs, but I don't think anyone here has ever run across one? 

I think I will try to price out a Ridgid with the Honda in it as well.

This should be an interesting project, although he's spending some good money on the trailer no doubt, why not just get their generator and setup from them as well? I'm not sure, but I'll be happy to do the work. Anyone heard of Onan generators? 

Check Westinghouse very nice and somewhat quite 

For a motor I would highly reccomend Honda. They make some really good small engines.

My thoughts exactly. This would be an awesome job to do, when he gets the trailer he's going to bring it to the shop where I can do the work, I'll have to take some pictures of it. He's using it for his model planes(1/2 scale and smaller) and probably vacation trailer of sorts.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NicholasShetley said:

For a motor I would highly reccomend Honda. They make some really good small engines.

Grandfather owns a cabin with some of his buddies in northern Idaho that they built for dirt cheap on dirt cheap land in the eighties. The whole  thing is run on a Honda generator. Honda makes nice stuff.

• 1 month later...

I have a generator on my Miller trailblazer 325, so I don't have a sole generator now but....in the past have used Hondas without problems. 

A few years ago Briggs an Stratton has a generator called storm responder. They work great for a week but are garbage after that. I don't recommend them.