corded brushless?

Jronman

Is there any benefits of having a corded brushless over a corded brushed? Maybe less heat buildup and more power? Only brushless corded tool I know of is the flexvolt miter saw. I know brushless is more expensive so may not be as useful in a corded tool than a cordless.

you don't see too much corded brushless, there more longevity in the motors as you don't have to replace the brushless, you can build more efficient tools using less power but accomplishing more, I'm sure over time we will see many corded tools convert over but right now everything has to do with cordless, also brushless motors run on DC power 

Let's get over this myth that there's a huge cost to making brushless tools.  There isn't.  It's a few cents more in the controller, a few less on the motor, and a decent NRE cost spread across every tool they sell.  That last cost shrinks even more when they reuse a motor for multiple tools though.

Hitachi's brushless rotary hammer was already going to have active speed control so the costs for brushless were mostly there already and they cashed in on the savings and marketing of going brushless.

Festool was going for the tiniest sander they could and brushless saved space.

Every full size electric breaker hammer is hitting the max power output of a standard outlet and breaker so they use a brushless motor to avoid wasting any of that power.  The same approach is used in some other high draw tools like the pressure washers and compressors mentioned above.

• Like 2