Misc Drill bit holder

CATERPILLAR

3 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

I maintain 3 classes of drill bits:

1: High quality bits used almost exclusively for metal drilling. The Norseman super premium are my best and I have them up to 1", but you will also find the Brazilian Irwin bits (decent quality) and a set of Cobalt Craftsman bits that I feel retarded having paid $100 for when I could have gotten Norseman for the same price. I needed them in a pinch, so that makes me feel a little better, but still. 

2. General Purpose bits used exclusively in the confines of my shop. These reside on my bench, in the Fastcap index, and are used for everyday drilling jobs in wood and everything other than metal. The are quick to access and quick to put away.

3. Mobile sets are used anywhere, for anything, if it takes place outside the shop setting. This includes everything from hanging pictures in the house to, well pretty much anything. I keep a Milwaukee Thunderbolt set in the garage for anything on the property and a Dewalt pilot point set in the truck for anything abroad. I don't baby them, use drilling lube with them, or really even care about them. When sizes break or come up missing I take KnarlyCarl's approach and replace them. I tend to get a year or so out of these sets. 

I get about a year out of my Milwaukee bits that I use for everything . half the time they break before they dull out