Left Handed

ikepete

So I have question for other left handed people like myself. What tools do you find to be difficult or inconvenient to use? For me things used to cut tend to be built with only a right handed person in mind. For the most part I have learned to adjust and deal with it and adapt. ... except in elementary school. I had to have the left handed scissors. The regular scissors hurt my fingers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am left handed but can use either hand if needed. 

For welding my instructor made us all use are opposite hand one class. He suggested doing it that way for a few weeks if wanted. It sounded crazy at first but I could see the logic behind it. Almost everything except my job at the time I did right handed. It took about a month to get good with my right hand.

Nowdays I can use either hand when needed. Some positions in welding it helps if you can use either hand. Lots of times its in confined spaces or up against a corner. 

I still primarily use my left hand but have that ability. 

• Like 1

I am left handed but can use either hand if needed. 

For welding my instructor made us all use are opposite hand one class. He suggested doing it that way for a few weeks if wanted. It sounded crazy at first but I could see the logic behind it. Almost everything except my job at the time I did right handed. It took about a month to get good with my right hand.

Nowdays I can use either hand when needed. Some positions in welding it helps if you can use either hand. Lots of times its in confined spaces or up against a corner. 

I still primarily use my left hand but have that ability. 

My right hand is pretty weak when it comes to being able to use it for stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For eating, writing, throwing, computer mousing, etc. (single handed things) I use my left hand most of the time but dual hand things are kinda in a grey area. ie. miter saws can be used with either hand comfortably with other hand holding the material. I find that circular saws  with blade left work great when I hold the handle with left hand on my left side. putting in screws with my right hand is still a bit difficult. My right hand isn't quite as steady or precise as my left.

• Like 1

First of all, lets hear it for left handers! I have learned to use scissors with my right hand to the point of not even thinking about using my left hand even if I had scissors made for a left hander. Never could understand why scissors don't work in the left hand. But they sure don't. I have been lucky enough to find that all my screw drivers work with either left or right hand :) Can't think of any other tools that cause any problems.

• Like 1

I'm mainly left handed but have got used to using my right hand for the most part in this right handed world.

I got used to I do throw a baseball right handed though.

For those looking for left handed scissors.

https://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-All-purpose-Left-hand-Scissors-12-94508697WJ/dp/B00006IFN8

O by the way

Sunday, August 13

International Lefthanders Day 2017

• Like 1

I'm mainly left handed but have got used to using my right hand for the most part in this right handed world.

I got used to I do throw a baseball right handed though.

For those looking for left handed scissors.

https://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-All-purpose-Left-hand-Scissors-12-94508697WJ/dp/B00006IFN8

O by the way

Sunday, August 13

International Lefthanders Day 2017

I will have to mark that date down so I can celebrate. I'll have my lifted handed scissors and even a left handed can opener.

I don't know how you learned to throw right handed.. my right hand throw is pathetic lol

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ikepete said:

I should tie my left hand behind my back when I use tools to strengthen my right. Might be the only way I can get it to work for me

I have an uncle that is left handed and in school they tied his left hand behind his back and forced him to use his right hand. That is how screwed up they were way back when. He now writes with his right hand in this really bad looking style do to these idiots. Hard to believe. They thought it was some kind of a defect back in the day.

After breaking my shoulder rotator cup and not being able to use it, i became ambidextrous. I was a righty. Now I'm both. Can use most all my tools with either hand. Can write with both hands to. But i prefer right hand for writing otherwise my left hand seems to smear my writing. Guess i didn't perfect that haha. 

• Like 1

After breaking my shoulder rotator cup and not being able to use it, i became ambidextrous. I was a righty. Now I'm both. Can use most all my tools with either hand. Can write with both hands to. But i prefer right hand for writing otherwise my left hand seems to smear my writing. Guess i didn't perfect that haha. 

Lol there is no perfecting writing as a lefty. My hand always seems to smear the ink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1