Saw Stop thermal over load switch?

SetBuilder

Has anyone changed the thermal overload switch on a Saw Stop?  At work we have a saw that shuts down while cutting 3/4 plywood. You can get a few feet into the cut and it shuts down.  Going by the Flashing green and steady red it would indicate that the thermal overload switch is tripping.  There is no reason for the saw to be getting hot cutting 3/4 ply, I was not forcing the wood into the blade, I was just letting the saw cut. So I'm assuming the switch is bad. Has anyone run into this before?

Its a PCS 175

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BMack37 said:

I imagine it's a "Safety" feature by the scumbag company that makes you buy a new saw.

I assume if SawStop is able to stop the sales of Reaxx cartriges, then there will be some kind of class action suit filed against Bosch on behalf of all the Reaxx owners.

Curious how many Bosch Reaxx owners we have out there, are you one?

7 hours ago, tpamatmat said:

I assume if SawStop is able to stop the sales of Reaxx cartriges, then there will be some kind of class action suit filed against Bosch on behalf of all the Reaxx owners.

I am not, I have an old table saw...I just HATE Sawstop's spineless business practices. They claim they're doing it for safety but only if it's their technology and then they try to push the government to make it mandatory. Screw them, that's like inventing the seat belt and suing everyone that provides one. They WANT people to continue to have accidents so they can push legislation and drive their potential licensing business. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tpamatmat said:

Beaking News SawStop sues SawStop for patent infringement.

• Like 3