Lowe's MetaboHPT and Bosch Deals

fm2176

I wrote about these in the "What Tools Did You Buy Today?" thread, but Lowe's has some great deals for those looking for a decent drill/impact kit or simply more batteries for their existing tools.

For $170 or less, you can buy into MetaboHPT (formerly Hitachi) with a hammer drill and Triple Hammer impact driver, one 5.0Ah MultiVolt battery and one 3.0Ah 18v battery with charger.  The hammer drill kit is currently $103.05 and the bare tool 18v Triple Hammer $67.05.  Black drills and impacts are available as well for even less, but come with 1.5Ah batteries.  Essentially, you can build a drill/impact kit with two batteries for as little as $120 or so.  A short while ago I stumbled across a Multivolt circular saw and pneumatic roofing nailer combo for $259, which was a bargain as well.

As for Bosch, they've got their bare tool band saw, two rotary hammers, and a drill/impact kit on clearance.  The drill/impact kit is $139 at my local store, and comes with a hammer drill, Freak impact driver, two compact 4.0Ah batteries, and charger.  The band saw and rotary hammers aren't discounted as deeply, but would make fine additions to the kit if purchased.

Either of these brands will serve well in a professional environment, and at clearance pricing are nearly as cheap as homeowner grade tools (Black & Decker, entry-level Ryobi, etc.).  I'm trying to resist the urge to pick up the other Bosch kit for the batteries alone, as 4.0 batteries are usually $99 each.  

• Like 1

The Bosch handsaw was down to $91, and Lowe's is currently running a free starter kit promo with purchase of a bare tool.  So, for under $100 you can score the band saw (with 3 blades included), 4.0Ah battery, and charger.  I used mine a couple of days ago to remove the top of a steel drum that's now my burn barrel.  It works great and provides a bit more cutting capacity than my M12 saw.

I passed on them, but some of the Bosch 12v tools are also on clearance at Lowe's.  I've seen the impact driver marked down to $51, the drill down to $65 or so, and the Flexiclick down to $88.  All of these are the kits with two 2.0Ah batteries.  They also have a light or two on clearance.

I think I'm going to hit up one of the Northern Virginia stores on my way back home from work.

5 hours ago, DR99 said:

It looks like Metabo and Bosch are either out a Lowes or significantly scaled back.

They still have a number of MetaboHPT and Bosch tools at regular retail, and MetaboHPT seems to have supplanted Bostitch as Lowe's primary nailer line.  I think the Bosch clearance is due to the new Profactor tool lineup, and we may see some of those in store.  

Regardless, Lowe's is (as usual) a mess of power tool brands, with DeWalt, Craftsman, and Kobalt being heavily pushed in dedicated aisles while MetaboHPT, Bosch, Skil, and Porter Cable are relegated to a back burner...getting only small end caps or a half-aisle at best.  The Home Depot has a more refined power tool setup, with their cordless platforms sharing one long aisle in most stores, and each major brand (DeWalt, Makita, Milwaukee, Ridgid, Ryobi) getting an end cap and/or prominent display in the lawn and garden and seasonal sections.

Since we don't have a third big box option like Menards here on the East Coast, it will be interesting to see where brands like MetaboHPT, Bosch, and Makita would go if Lowe's and Home Depot stopped carrying them.  While each of those brands have some great tools and outstanding innovations, the limited lineups they offer compared to DeWalt and Milwaukee--coupled with their relative lack of marketing--make them far less visible on the job site and less tempting for anyone wanting or needing more than basic drivers and saws.  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Red Feather
    Newest Member
    Red Feather