Bosch Gll 3-80 - very bad choice

mbam

I purchased a gll3-80 near the end of 2018. I used it a couple of times, maybe 3 hours total. 

I always store it in the case and remove the batteries to eliminate corrosion problems.

I tried to use it this week. The indicator LED lights up but the lasers are dead. Nothing. Tried new batteries, even checked them with a voltmeter to make sure they were good. Still nothing. 

Not only is the warranty only 1 year, there is no BOSCH repair or exchange option.

And  I bought the whole kit - case, BM1 mount, Lr2 detector.  So now I have well over $500 invested that is useless. 

Does anybody know someone who can fix this unit?

• 1 year later...

The same issue with a unit 18 months old and now used for the first time on a job. After about 1 hour the fizzling out of all three beams started and quickly became a completely useless unit. Although guarantee is stated as 1year I will try for a solution with my dealer, but I am forced to buy another unit to continue the job, 

It will NOT be a Bosch brand, and neither will ANY new tool I ever buy be Bosch again.