Milwaukee 15 gauge fuel nailer Pusher broke, how to remove the magazine?

pauli

Hi There:

First post, saw someone asking about their Nail Gun, so I figured I might give it a try.

I Have a Milwaukee 15 gauge fuel nail gun 2743-20.

Working on some shakes, the pusher just disintegrated, Its like I only use this tool a few times a year, so real disappointed.

Well, I'm pretty good at repairing things and I saw a replacement part on line.

What is not so obvious is how to remove the magazine to get at the pusher.

There is literally nothing on line for this particular nailer, there are other information for nailers that have extended magazine accessories, but not this nailer.

Just wondering if anyone has done this before, or should I send it in, if so any idea the cost for the repair?

Thank you

Pauli

• 2 months later...

Pauli-I had the same issue. Pusher broke into two pieces after checking it for a project. If you look for the 2743-20 model, you’ll find all the answers. 

https://documents.milwaukeetool.com/54-00-FNLR.pdf

Two T20 screws hold the body of the magazine on. One smaller screw near the nose, and one C ring holding a pivot with spring in place for the linkage. Once those are removed, you’ll have the magazine, pusher assembly, and tensioner in your hand. Remove the body of the pusher and take note the tensioner looks like a small stainless unlabeled measuring tape dropped in the top of the pusher assembly. Note that there is also a rail that may come loose, that rail holds the brad heads. Once that’s lined up and reassembled, reverse everything and you’ll be golden. 

If you have to fight with the magazine, or it’s not coming together, it has a slight swing to the reassembling process. Move the bottom of the magazine away about an inch from the screw mount and you’ll see a small lip on the rear of the magazine that joins up with the nailer assembly. When that mates up, everything will go back together with tolerances where they should be. Just did mine 10 min ago.

Long winded but hope it helps!

J.D.

• Like 1