Advice needed cordless cut off Saws

Johndoe1986

I'm currently looking for advice for anyone who has used the Dewalt or Milwaukee 9" cut off Saws (or disc cutters depending on where you're from). I'm considering buying one, I'm a general builder/landscaper and would primarily use for cutting concrete and sandstone paving, bricks and blocks. My concerns are

with battery run time, how many 600mm slabs could I expect to cut on one fully charged battery. I currently use a corded 9 inch grinder for all my cutting needs, but loathe getting all the cabling out plus 110v transformer and then the amount of dust generated without an integrated water house. Can anyone who has used one of these machines let me know how you got on with them? My other option is a petrol saw but my past experience with petrol tools playing up puts me off. Any advice is much appreciated. 

First off I have zero experience with either. What I would say though is if you're not currently invested in either battery platform I would lean towards the dewalt.  I'm pretty invested in milwaukee and I like that they make some high demand tools in the m18 platform but a lot of them have thermal overload issues.  The 60v tools from dewalt just seem to perform better.

• 2 weeks later...