Problem with Cordless drill trigger

FhvnEd

Hello.  First let me say this is my go-to drill.  I have 2 of them and it has been a staple for quite a while.  I've never had a problem with either the (huge) 18 volt or the smaller 20 volt which gets constant use.  Lately, the trigger doesn't release cleanly when I let it go.  It used to be instantaneous.  Release the trigger - the drill stops.  Now when I release, it s-l-o-w-l-y moves to the default off position and the drill continues to spin for about 1.5 seconds.  I have used electronic cleaner spray in hopes of cleaning out whatever might have built up in it over time, but that doesn't help.  Don't know if it has reached its life cycle limits and is just plain 'worn out' or if there might be a 'fix' to solve the problem.  I have neither the desire nor the knowledge to take it apart (although I have repaired other tools apart and mechanicals) to see what's going on inside.  I'm not concerned about voiding the warranty as I suspect its 'best by' date is so far in the rear view mirror I'd need field glasses to see it. Does this sound familiar and is this fixable or do I bite the bullet and send this faithful tool to the scrap pile and just buy a new one?   Thanks.