Dewalt DCS391 will not cut straight anymore !!!!

ANDER11

My 18 vts  cordess skill saw has started cutting in curves when i am using a straight edge,the blade keeps twisting and jamming. It runs well but even when cutting freehand it starting to jam as well ,any help would be appreciated

Regards 

Ian 

4 hours ago, ANDER11 said:

My 18 vts  cordess skill saw has started cutting in curves when i am using a straight edge,the blade keeps twisting and jamming. It runs well but even when cutting freehand it starting to jam as well ,any help would be appreciated

Regards 

Ian 

I also have the same issue, I noticed it happened just after a heavy use.

• 5 months later...

Often almost any saw new with a new blade cuts it’s straightest the first few times.

I found circular saws are notoriously wanderers. Many people prefer table saws, track saws, and sliding miter saws for sheer straightness.

I have found that physically heavy saws like the Skil 77/78/Sawsquatch or dual battery 36v Makita rear handled saws cut the straightest. There is too much mass in the tool so it won’t bounce around as much as lighter weight saws. The heavier weight of many rear handled saws promote fatigue and they’re not fun to use long term.

I like my moderately heavy Flexvolt sidewinder saw and it has enough mass to not be thrown off a line but doesn’t feel like a mini tank like the two 36 volt Makita rear handled monsters.