DeWALT Plungepoint Recip blade

kanxrus

Here is a quick comparison of the DeWALT plungepoint recip blade vs. DeWALT's regular wood blade. plungepoint.JPG

PLUNGEPOINTCUT.jpg

When you look at both blades, nothing has changed except for the tip. As you can see... the Plungepoint out preformed the regular wood blade. I found It was much easier, and there was a lot less surface damage  with the Plungepoint.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What is code for this saw. I was trying to find to buy online but without success.

The model # has not changed, both blades in the picture have the same model. Whoever your buying them from probably needs to sell out of there current stock.

yeah, what's up with DeWalt recyclying model numbers? :) All the new nano-footprinted tools have the same model # as their older counterparts as well (like the recip-saw, circular saw, etc).

I can understand whyDeWALT would want to keep the same base model number (DC385, etc), but I too really wish they would have added a letter or dash number or something to the model number (i.e. DC385-nfp, DC385.v2, etc) to signify the newer footprint.  When I bought my last set of DeWALT tools, I had a heck of a time trying to make sure all the tools I was buying had the newer Nano foot because that's what I wanted.  Some dealers told me they had both foot prints in stock and that I'd get whatever was grabbed.  I was told they could not guarantee which foot print I'd get, but they all told me not too worry because both foot prints would work just fine with either battery.  Yeah, I know both work, but the older foot print just doesn't look right with the nano batteries and I wanted the newer footprint.  I found a small dealer who was more flexible towards my needs and bought from him.  To me, this was a big enough change that something should have been done to the model number to signify the difference.

I'm glad DeWALT made this change to the foot print and I'm glad the newer plunge point blades are now available, but I wish DeWALT would have done something to the model numbers so we'd know exactly what we'd be getting.  I just bought several more sets of DW4890 reciprocating saw blades and just received them last Friday.  They're all the older non-plunge point type.  I would have rather bought the plunge points and was looking forward to trying them out, but there was no real good way for me to find them without somebody doing a physical check since model numbers did not change.

• 3 weeks later...

The newest pack of DeWALT reciprocating blades I picked up last week finally had the plungpoint blades in it.  It's a very nice feature to have in a blade!

I don't think the packaging mentioned anything about Plungepoint, so I'm glad I learned about them here  8)

Archived