Delta Miter Saw

I have a perfectly good Delta, model 36-412 12" dual-bevel compound, miter saw that I enjoy using very much.  My problem with it is in the switch.  The original switch crapped out on me a while back and I cannot find a replacement because the switch itself is discontinued by Delta.  I checked with the switch manufacturer and they have also discontinued production.  I did find a switch that did phyiscaly fit and kinda works except for the fact it doesn't have the ability to run the blade brake.  Curious if anyone knows, short of buying a used switch, a switch that would work with this saw.  Like I stated before, this saw works great for me other than the switch won't activate the blade brake.

Doc

Thanks for the images, very helpful.

Here is the specification for that switch.

My suggestion is to disassemble that switch to clean the interior and hopefully restore normal operation, like I did on my similar but different switch. Mine was also made of unobtainium. It now again has normal operation.

When I disassemble something like that switch, I carefully use a loose utility knife blade(s) as the catch pry tool, to release the catches.

• Like 1