i found a solution to dead batterys!!!!!

dewalt23293

i found a easy way to revive dead battery's, its quick and works 99.9% of the time, it has saved me a lot of money. ive been using my yellow tops for 5 years and they still work great

someone told me i should make a video so i did and i posted it on youtube

you will probably be skeptical until you try it watch----- 

hey man..

great hacks! although it look a bit unsafe..

if you don't have to welder machine.. you can bring the battery to any workshop that have it.. and have them zapped your battery ?

and.. you need to do the zapping to both (+) and (-) side? (reversing the polarity?)

have you tried this on other device nicad batt?

• 1 month later...

As far as I know you don't need to reverse polarity in this technique, in fact is not really good. But the trick with the welder machine is true, Ni-CD batteries suffer from crystalline formations over the time which reduces the cell capacity (a.k.a. Memory Effect), the high current over the cells in a pulsed way can broke those crystals and revival the battery.

If you don't have a welder machine you can do this with less than 5 bucks in your own house:

nicad.png

For those that are not familiarized with diodes, the white strip is pointed to the RIGHT in the picture. Put the resistor underwater if you want, it gets real hot. Make pulses with the wires just like the guy in the video, just take care to not short the battery  :)

Archived