dcd970 vs dcd985 HELP!!!???

Slowmo

okay so heres my dilemma, in 2008 i bought a dcd950 and dc385 combo kit at the time i didnt want to spit up the extra cash for the lithiums. it came with the charger for the lithium batteries though and so a few months later i bought one to see how much better it really was and used that setup until winter 0f 2009 when my drill and the xrp battery i had on it was stolen. the next day i bought a dcd970 to replace it since i liked the batteries so much. now i bought the dcd985 and dcs380 just because i wanted to upgrade and so i could keep an extra sawzall and drill on hand. well i got used to the self tightening so much that i keep my 20v at home and keep the 20v sawzall with three batteries and 18v hammerdrill with three lithium batteries at work because i hate the new chuck compared to the older style. but i like everything else about the 20v better except that chuck is too crucial to me to make that sacrifice. anyway i am wondering if anyone out there knows if there is a way to retro-fit a supra self tightening chuck onto my new dcd985 20v???

Archived