Battery compatibility?

mws_1984

I am looking to get a DeWalt cordless circular saw. But to go cheaper I was just going to get the bare tool, no batteries. I already own a combo set-drill, impact driver, sawz all and flashlight. That came with 2 DC9099 battery packs and a DW9116 charger.

Well my question is will my DC9099 battery packs work with a DeWalt DC390B 6 1/2 inch cordless circular saw?

I was seeing it may only be compatible with the 18 volt XRP with a different battery #. Or do most 18 volts work with any tool by DeWalt that takes 18volt?

Definitely want to save myself buying a package with battery if possible.

I would just be using it every so often. So thought I have the DC9099 batteries so I would just buy the tool alone. It is cheaper that way, but now 2nd guessing that option if I may not get much time from batteries I already have. A shame stuff has to be so expensive. Had some extra $ and the wife gave the go ahead to get tools as long as I do stuff with them. But now with possibly having to get it with battery that may not be happening. I actually was considering getting a 4 1/2" grinder to.