Milwaukee Finish Nail Gun

Taylors Tools

I don't know if anyone has posted about this but man would it be nice if Milwaukee came out with a cordless 18v nail gun. I mean DeWalt and Ryobi already have, I wonder what is taking Milwaukee so long to jump on the bandwagon. I emailed them a couple weeks ago about it and they said they aren't currently working on making one and then just sent me a link of their palm nailer.

I've sent them a suggestion about the same thing, they kindly responded they would send the idea to their new products department. Also asked them to make pocket keychain 6ft tape measures and larger self locking tape measures but like everything, well see...

• 2 weeks later...

Man I would love to see an 18th line of Milwaukee nailers. Dewalt's new 20 volt brushless is outstanding and the 15 gauge 18v is still even great. Problem is I do not use Dewalt cordless tolls I use Milwaukee 18 and 12 volt tools so buying the Dewalt and having a separate charger and battery would not be ideal but at this point might be worth it.

I have heard that milwaukee, ryobi, and rigid are all owned by the parent company tti. So far ryobi and rigid have cordless nailers so we can only hope that tti will make one for the Milwaukee line.

I would like to see a cordless nailer from Milwaukee, but Milwaukee is weird in what categories they sell in. They sell a miter saw but not a table saw another example is a router but not a planer. They have some wood working tools but its not a full lineup of wood working tools. Milwaukee caters more to plumbers and electricians than the carpenter/general contractor types. It shows in the tools they offer. Dewalt, Bosch and Makita tend to offer more in that way. I guess Milwaukee did offer pneumatic nailers at one time pre TTI buyout I still see some for sale at various online retailers.

DR - your right. Most of my carpentry tools are Dewalt, larger corded tools and 18V stuff.

My specialty tools for plumbing are Milwaukee... PVC cutter, copper cutter, inspection cam... Now this has spilled over into a large collection of m12 tools....

• 2 months later...

I stiff can't for the life of me figure why Milwaukee won't offer a table saw. With battery tech as good as its getting they could do a dual 18v cordless table saw or so the same thing Festool is doing and offering a 36v tracksaw. The other thing would be is they should push hard on a cordless nailer I don't see them ever relaunching a pnumatic nailer line ever though it would be so simple as re skinning a Ridgid nailer with higher quality parts and features.