Dewalt going to expand there line?

DPSElias

Yes, Dewalt will continue to expand it's 20v lineup including tools with brushless motors. 

Dewalt's current brushless offering include:2 drills, 2 impact drivers, 1 Framing Nailer, 1 Oscillating Multi-Tool. Please see another post that I've made in the past about brushless:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/reviews/news/whats-so-great-about-brushless-motor-power-tools

It's hard for me to comment on this with out getting myself into trouble. So I'll start by saying I can't comment on new product development. 

I will say however, from what I've heard, Our "competitors" brushless recip saw shows a pretty wide variation in runtime. Ranging anywhere from slightly less than Dewalts saw to a ~15% improvement*. They may cut a little faster but it's not extremely noticeable. Their saw is longer and heavier than Dewalts too. 

Our competitors brushless grinder claims are a little out there too. The DCG412M2 is actually more powerful than their grinder, and when cutting 1/2" rebar, their Grinder only nets a 4 cut advantage in runtime (43 to 39) compared to the Dewalt*. Definitely not worth the $100 difference there.

Basically if Dewalt comes out with a brushless tool of any kind, they will require greater run time increases than we've seen from competitors to justify a $50-$100 higher price point that they are charging.

My understanding is, brushless motors are more effective in lighter duty applications. Meaning, you'll see a greater increase in run time with brushelss when your driving 1-1/4" screws into pine than when your drilling with a 1" spade bit. That's why brushless motors are more popular in drills and impacts, as they typically handle lighter duty tasks and see the largest increase in run time. Recip Saws and Circ saws require more draw from the battery and there are typically no "light duty" applications. Thus, you don't really see enough gain in run time to justify the increased cost of a brushless motor. 

Once again, these are my personal thoughts and opinions and do not represent Dewalts. I'm trying to keep myself out of trouble so I apologize the way I worded things.

*Not official statistics

Thanks Gator, I have no plan on swaping my brushed dewalt for brushless from a competitor, but I have purchased some dewalt brushless drill, impacts and the Oscillating tool, currently looking at an angle drill and would like a Brushless one so I wont need to upgrade later, the 20V dewalt is currently my front runner.

Future I'll be purchasing the Grease Gun hope they don't make that brushless in the future.

Yes, Dewalt will continue to expand it's 20v lineup including tools with brushless motors. 

Dewalt's current brushless offering include:2 drills, 2 impact drivers, 1 Framing Nailer, 1 Oscillating Multi-Tool. Please see another post that I've made in the past about brushless:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/reviews/news/whats-so-great-about-brushless-motor-power-tools

Great info. Gator, I just wish they will release them all sooner;) but newer technology on the tool is going to need more time to develop, engineer and many tests. Before they release to the market.. we will just have to wait for the best to come.

• 3 weeks later...