Ever notice if you Google Tools in Action ?

DR99

One day it came up the adress to one of the guys houses. We only have two things from HF. A small tubing (brake line, fuel line size) bender and a bench grinder stand. I think that their boxes are fairly good but have never investigated one at a store but we don't have one within 100 miles either.

There are a few gems at HF. Look at the fine print on their coupons. The items that are excluded are typically the only ones worth a shit.

Their floor and bottle jacks are nice, air compressors are decent, and their impact sockets are great for the price. Their big roller cans are the best deal there is and are twice as nice as the Waterloo built Craftsman boxes, or any of the store brand boxes for that matter.

I also buy consumables there like grinder and cut-off wheels, dust masks, etc.

• Like 1

Be wary of HF's pneumatic nails! I have Hitachi air nailers but I also bought HF's cheapie (about $16) 18 gauge nailer/stapler. It works great for rough work. I won't use it for finish work because of it's inconsistent drive depth. But, my experience with HF's 18 gauge nails can not be described without using lots of four letter words.

Also, unless you have Bostich nailers, you might want to avoid their nails too. They work well in Bostich nailers, I'm told, but something about their proprietary design keeps them from working dependably in my 15 and 18 gauge Hitachi nailers.