WORX/GT 3 in 1 Grass Trimmer

regopit

Back in October, I won the WORX/GT 3 in 1 Grass trimmer/Edger from TIA. I never got the chance to use it until today, I only used it as, and edger and I have to say I was impressed with it for only being 20V. I figured edging would put more strain on it them just trimming. Works says that you can use it as a Trimmer, Wheeled Edger, and a Min Mower.  I edged around my both sides of my 125ft Driveway and both sides of my 30ft sidewalk.  The GT had plenty of power it tore through the grass and dirt without any hesitation.  It comes with one 20-volt Li-Ion battery and a charger, they say to let the battery charge for 12 hours for the first time be for you use it and a 3hr charge time after the first time. I would say I had about 30 minutes of run time without any power lost. It is lightweight (5.7 pounds) it uses 0.065” line and has a 12” cutting diameter. The GT is easy to maneuver around and to set up and use.

Now the only thing I can compare it to is my Stihl FS 240 R that has a 37.7cc motor weighs in at 14.6 pounds and can use 0.065 - 0.130 diameter line. You really cannot compare the two from price to performance.

If I lived in a town house or have a small yard to trim and edge this would be a good trimmer to have for $129.00 it is a good deal and you do not have the hassle of mixing gas & 2-cycle oil. Therefore, if you are in markets for a Trimmer give the WORX/GT a look.

wg160-pp-600.jpgwg160-add-2-600.jpgwg160-alt-5-600.jpg

• Like 1

I also have the Worx GT 2.0 and its a nice little battery powered string trimmer it edges really easy, and it does the small amount of weed whipping I need to do around my house. Great little write up about your experience with the unit regopit.

My mother lives in a townhouse with a very small yard.....I gave her a corded electric weedeater to "mow" with, and she loves it.  I think I will have to look into getting her one of these in the near future.  No gas, no gas cans, no gas smell.....much better all around as far as I am concerned.

Thanks Regopit!

I'm having to go the opposite way. I'm getting ready to buy a high power trimmer I can sufficiently use a brush cutter with. HD has a 17cc Hi-Power Echo for $289, but I'm gonna check out Sthil and Husqvarna before I do anything.

Most likely 2 stroke. I love the 4 stroke Makita EM2650LH and EM4251CA, but at around $100 more and a full pound heavier than the other models I'm eying, it doesn't make much sense.

In reality it'll be between the Stihl FS94R and the Husqvarna 327LS. It all depends on which one I can get the better price on. The Stihl is like $30 more, but $30 won't be a deal breaker.