DeWalt Brushless 20V Right Angle Drill Sighting Today

roadhog96

Well we've all been waiting to see what DeWalt is going to come out with next with the Brushless lineup. I was in Home Depot this afternoon and was checking out the clearance tools on a table and there was a 20V right angle drill on the table. I wandered why they would have a fairly new tool clearanced already so I walked into the tool section and there was a 20V right angle drill on display and it had all the same markings and looks as the new Brushless tools. It looked identical as the the new 20V Brushless oscillating multi tool only it had a drill chuck. I've looked on DeWalt's web site and I haven't found that tool listed, maybe I missed it but I didn't have any luck doing a good old search on the web either including Home Depots web site. Anyone know if this tool exist or was I hallucinating.

Was it a bare tool or a kit? Because Dewalt has been updating their kits with 2.0 and 4.0ah batteries. It would be really weird to have a new tool like that out in the wild and not have any sort of marketing around it at all.

It is weird that if dewalt really did soft lurch a brushless angle drill without advertising it. But I can see the brushed angle drill being on clearance, because I don't see too not much people going to buy it often enough and for it being brushless even kind of a shock, since how often people will use it as a every day use tool... well, I guess flamer does. Plus there has all kind of good angle drill attachment on the market that will get the job done for $20 to $30 bucks. Why would dewalt release a brushless angle drill instead of other tool like circular saw or other more everyday use tool. Anyway I could be wrong tho. Like DR99 said strange things does happened in the tool world:)

Well we've all been waiting to see what DeWalt is going to come out with next with the Brushless lineup. I was in Home Depot this afternoon and was checking out the clearance tools on a table and there was a 20V right angle drill on the table. I wandered why they would have a fairly new tool clearanced already so I walked into the tool section and there was a 20V right angle drill on display and it had all the same markings and looks as the new Brushless tools. It looked identical as the the new 20V Brushless oscillating multi tool only it had a drill chuck. I've looked on DeWalt's web site and I haven't found that tool listed, maybe I missed it but I didn't have any luck doing a good old search on the web either including Home Depots web site. Anyone know if this tool exist or was I hallucinating.

Did you happened to take a picture of it at least?:)

After I posted this topic I was sitting here thinking I should have snapped a picture with my IPhone but it never crossed my mind. Next time I'm in HD I will take a picture. I guess I was to excited because I've been wanting a right angle drill for some time and I've made up my mind that when I switch over to the 20V tools I'm going Brushless and that tool will diffently be one of them.

could it of been the multi tool without a blade in...???[iquote]

It looked just like that but I swear I saw a keyless chuck on it. I figured the 20V right angle drill was clearanced because the new Brushless XR drill was replacing it. Funny things happen there, I regularly shop at HD and for the past 2+ years I have never seen a 18V Lion battery in the shelf, just NiCad, I check every time I go there. I asked about it several times and nothings changed. I figured this was their way of convincing you to go with the newer 20V tools. They also have the DWS780 and free stand on sale again for $599. Last year it was a 1 time promotional offer? You have me second guessing myself now, boy I hope I didn't imagine this. I know I'm having a lot if problems with my vision right now, I had cataract eye surgery last Monday on my left eye and haven't been able to see clearly out of my right eye since. Actually neither eye is clear probably do to all the eye drops I have to put in during the day, anyway went back to the eye doctor and he said I'm experiencing a rapid cataract growth in my right eye now. Blurred vision is one thing but seeing things that don't exist is something totally different.

could it of been the multi tool without a blade in...???60451390dae371faff15dc4bd82827ed.jpg

Boy do I feel like a jerk, your right it was a multi tool not a right angle drill. I was sure hoping I was right. I can make all kinds of excuses but it won't change a thing, the 20V Brushless XR right angle drill still does not exist, what a bummer. I stopped in HD today and it was flipped upside down in the rack and I could see the release lever with no blade 20 ft away. First time I saw it I didn't notice the lever because it was facing the other way, my eyes were messed up and the wife was ranting we have to get going so that's my excuse anyway. Good news is I'm getting the right eye done this Wednesday and I won't make this mistake again.

• Like 1

Lol,Tbf I was in Costco the other day and thought I saw the multi tool..It turned out to be the cordless angle grinder..Palm face... It won't be long till they upgrade the remaining tools to brushless ,I'm holding out for the brushless circular saw ..anytime soon I hope!!!

• Like 1

Lol,Tbf I was in Costco the other day and thought I saw the multi tool..It turned out to be the cordless angle grinder..Palm face... It won't be long till they upgrade the remaining tools to brushless ,I'm holding out for the brushless circular saw ..anytime soon I hope!!!

Ha... thats why I hate going to the store when I'm hang over. I always bought something was what I thought what I was looking for but not..... lol....

Me too was waiting on the BL circular saw come out. But I can't wait any longer. Ended up went to lowes and bought a dcs391. Not too happy about it compare with my older dcs393. I still missed my missing 393 more:(