Wen Apex Pro 70751 dual bevel sliding miter daw

I've recently been considering getting a 10 sliding miter saw. While perusing the net I came across the WEN Apex Pro model 70751 dual bevel sliding miter saw. It's under $300 and has quite a few features I like. I want to stay with 10" diameter blades so the blades will be interchangeable with my 10" radial and 10" table saws. I can also get a very good deal on one by ordering it through Lowe's.

The problem is no one local stocks it so I can't go put my hands on one to compare it with others in the size, price, features, and quality categories. I don't know whether or not Lowes will order the WEN so I can do a hands-on comparison but then buy some other saw from them if I don't like the WEN.

Any personal experience with one will be appreciated.

My apologies for the typo (daw instead of saw) in the topic heading. Many of the letters have worn off my cheap HP keyboard. Anybody know how to fix that?

I'm with Javier it seems like Wen is a fringe brand for the most part. I personally would rather stick with one of the major brands if you do need any parts or warranty support it might be hard to get down the road.

WEN is an old brand. They made electric soldering guns (I have their model 199) in the late 50s thru mid 70s. I don't know whether the name WEN was a brand name for Weller during that time or not. But, that being said, I do agree with both of you that it may not be much better than Chicago Electric (Harbor Freight) even though it is guaranteed for two years.

I, too, like Hitachi for decent power tools without having to pay an arm & a leg. The current problem is they seem to be stuck on 12 amp instead of 15 amp. motors, and they don't appear to be currently offering a 10" dual bevel sliding miter saw. The model numbers I do find are either not stocked or factory reconditioned.

If I decide to pursue Hitachi, I may have to either resort to Craig's list, or wait to see if they might be offering something new at the August tool show in Atlanta.

Still interested, however, in hearing from anyone with experience with the WEN Apex Pro Model 70751.

• 5 months later...

I've put this purchase off for a while now. I just got the 2015 TOOLS GUIDE by Fine Woodworking and on page 38 is a great article on how to select a miter saw and a comparison of 5 in the class they selected. As a result I've just ordered a Bosch CM12. It's a plain vanilla single bevel with a very high degree of accuracy. Looking forward to making splinters with it soon.