contractor tool list

I've been in the building trades a lot time, bro. The problem with the industry is guys like us are a dime a dozen.  I started off in the auto trades and moved to carpentry/contracting.  Now going back to wrenching. There is way more money in it and "most" things are easier on your body. 

Quality ratchets and sockets should be the base of your list.  Wrenches and screwdrivers next.  These basics will let you making a living while you add more tools with each paycheck. 

If you go the other route, just slap on a nail bag and get to it! lol

• Like 1

All that can be done with basic with very basic tools. As you know foundations are the most important step. I use a builders level, but you can get away with a quality rotational laser level to shoot your level strip. Quality 4 foot level is a must. 100' tape to make sure you're square if not going off a pin. 

Circ saw

recip saw

nail sack

Other basics to stuff in the nail sack. A few string lines. Chalk line, framing square. 

Doesn't take many tools to wack up a quality stick shack. 

Now if you want to do it quickly, add a coil and spiker to the list. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

LordDiesel gave some good advice.

You may already have heard of Mr. Larry Haun, he pretty much wrote the book on home construction.

I would consider buying any of his books as he gave a list of basic tools used.

Heres a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Homebuilding-Basics-Carpentry-Editors-Fine/dp/1561581674/ref=la_B001JS4TH2_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1433266136&sr=1-4

There is also ton's of info in that book to reference off of.

As for a tool list, I just started off with basic hand tools and power tools. I worked with people that already had a ton of tools for me to use.

After a year of work, I began to get a feel for the way I work and the tools I use most often. So basically it just boils down to getting some

basic tools at first, and over time, many many years, you'll eventually have most of the tools you need. But it really never ends. You start

buying tools to fit the job/project your working on. Then you start buying tools just to have them, even if you can't justify the purchase

to your wife, haha. 

Anyway's hope you find what your looking for

Nailgun and a pnuematic one at that.i would go with hitatchi coil framer and you will need a compressor id say porter cable pancake 150 psi and you will need a sawzall a warmdrive skilsaw drills and drivers slugghammer stabila frameing level a plat to plat one and a speed and big square hammer chaulk line fatmax tap knife and that will cover the bassic framing part

• 4 weeks later...

Nail gun

Compresser

Hammer

Circular saw

Table saw

Sander

Clamps

Jig saw

Impact driver

Drill

Light