Hilti 36v te6a

Ste sparky

Hi ive had a hilti 36v drill for ages and on the charger there is a button with a turtle symbol which i assume is some sort of slow charge, trouble is it doesn't appear to do anything. it charges my batteries fine otherwise but i was wondering if the charger is broke or if anyone else has the same problem

My friend has the same charger with the same issue. His charges fine and doesn't have a problem. He said it has something to do with the way it charges. He thinks the lite will onl;y go on once the cells far away are not charged.

The new systems has 30 cells and the idea of this new system tries to charge all cells. Once a bttery is placed on the charger, after time it might onl;y charge the closer cells and leave the last cells uncharged. The new charger detects this flaw in batteries and therefor once it sees the full 30 cells are not charged evenly, the turtle will come and and slow charge or trickle charge the batter, so they are all even. He was saying once the battery dies down, then you will see the turtly light go on. In the mean time, the light should stay off.

Hope this helps.