Craftsman Tools

Dewalt Guy

I have to say I love Dewalt power tools along with Milwaukee Tools, but I have to say I justed added Craftsman to the bunch. I received a Craftsman 19.2 volt a couple of years ago as a gift. I was going to use this as my junk drill around the house. For the past couple of years I have left it outside in the rain, left the tool on the hot roof and out in the cold in winter time. Never really gave it much thought that it has worked through all that until this weekend. We got a lot of rain this weekend and my basement flooded. I came home and found a lot of my stuff floating in the water in the basement. Well it was only about two inches, but enough to ruin my stuff. I looked down and saw the drill laying in the water pretty much covered. Didn't think twice about it and picked it up on put it on the counter. About two mintues later, not thinking it was just in the water and started using it. A couple mintues later my buddy brought it to my attention that drill was sitting on the water for the past 8 hours. It was then I realized that everything this drill has been through over the years. Just though it was an interesting experien ce for someone who is a loyal fan of Dewalt and Milwuakee.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I paid $90 on sale for my Craftsman 19.2 V drill with 2 batteries and a flashlight. For a DIYer it's a very nice drill. My brother has a $250 DeWalt for around the house and he felt stupid buying that much drill when mine did the work we were doing just fine. But, I've bee using the drill at work (I occasionally do installs) and I need to hole saw 2-5/8 holes. It does the job but I'm definitely stretching its limitations. I'm looking to buy a corded Milwaukee before I kill the poor Craftsman.

I hear you there. I own the 75 ann 19.2 and works great, well the batteries are dying now. But you are right, you can stretch that drill to its limits. I was using it to install railroad ties in my backyard. After drilling a couple holes, I kenw I had the wrong drill, but that was a tough job. Everything else I have used it for has been great.

• 3 months later...