DW745 Table Saw

comp56

I couldn't find an exact match for the model number DWE480X on the dewalt site but I found a DWE7480.  The X at the end means it comes with their cheaper non rolling stand.  The differences between the 480 and 745 seem to be speed and cutting capacity. 

The 480 is 4800 rpm (no load)

The 745 is 3850 rpm (no load)

The 480 has a max rip to the right of the blade of 24" vs only 20" on the 745

The 480 also weighs like 3 pounds more

Idk if that helps but thats what I found!

the 745 is the only dewalt tool i own so im probably not the best source of dewalt info. 

My understanding is that the 745 is actually a older/retired model (possibly still availible from time to time as a special) and the 7480 and 7490 models are the newer, updated models

aside from the rip capacity and rpm differences hatter pointed out there are tweaks to things like the riving knife, blade gaurd.. the 7490 has some improvements to really help with dust collection

I sold my Bosch 4100 for the 745 due to the fact that the bosch was just too big.   I am an onsite contractor so size and weight are very important to me. 

I never once regretted getting the 745.  it is a great saw, very compact,  plenty of power (i never noticed the lack of rpm compaired to my bosch) super simple to use and very accurate for what it is.. 

keep an eye out for holiday deals on the 745..   if you can save some money over the 7480 i would definitely say go with the 745

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Swer15
    Newest Member
    Swer15