Beefing up my shop

chadlanthier

My shop since I have owned has always had just storm windows and nothing else. Which is not so great in the northeast winters. Oh and there is 13 of them. So I went on a hunt on Craigslist and found 8 of vinyl windows for $200. The only problem, I've never installed a window before. By the third window, I finally figured it out and had a rythm down. I still need to find 5 more windows. I also installed a garage heater. I will post some photos soon.

New construction windows are really easy to install. Renovation windows are slight more difficult. Its all about making sure things are square and plumb. The only thing is use the low expanding spray foam for doors and windows that foam can push things more than you would think. A friend went overboard with it and learned a lesson.

• Like 2

Yeah I used the replacement windows. When u get a deal. I did buy the window and door foam, just have not used it yet. I used it on my camper a while back. good stuff, just don't get on hands or clothes. That shit doesn't come off anything.

haha i learned this the hard way.  Had sandpaper as hands for days

• 2 weeks later...