Is this the right tool for the job?

alice123

I'm new at networking and I want to start making my own network wires/cables for my office. I ordered this crimping tool from www.lducompany.com (crimper should be here in a few days) and I wanted to learn if there are any other kinds of network cat5 wire crimping tools out there that would work better? http://www.liangdianup.com/inventory/459901.htm is the location for the crimp plires on thier website, those are the ones that I bought. Funny that it says Germany on the handle of the plires but I would gues they are made in China since the company I bought them from is in China. If you know of a name of a certin cat 5 wire crimper that would be better for me to use then please post it here. Thank you :)

No those should work. I would be careful. The price for the tool seems pretty high and its a no name tool. One thing you have to watch for with the stuff from China is the material such as the metals they use tends to be very cheap, but they should be ok for a while. You can get better ones at Homedepot or something, I would stay away from the stuff from china