should i buy into 2 diferent cordless manufacturers

Alan m

I believe that the 18V (lithium ion) in Ireland (and the rest of the world for that matter) is the same as the 20V max here in the US..    "20v max" is just marketing to target dumb Americans, haha, its actually just 18v like everything else.      so unless he has the older stem style  18v batteries (non slide pack) then he has dewalts most current line.  

Yeah, I knew that, but my post was getting long and wordy already, and I have a hard enough time paying attention when I'm writing stuff, I can only imagine how boring it is for someone else to read.  :oops:

What I was trying to ask is if the stem packs were still big there or if the slide packs had taken over

• Like 1

some people still have the older style batteries and there were sets still for sale up to  2years ago if not closer. you can still buy the finish nailer with the older batteries

when the new style came in the older style petered away. you can still buy the batteries but they are too expensive. more than the new style

I was talking with my dealer yesterday. he says dewalt have no plans to have a cordless sander and planer. that's what the rep told him.

he said the nail gun will be here in august . so happy days

looks like I can start creating a Makita line up

first up would be the 36volt saw. then the sander and planer

hopefully when the slack start of the year is over I can buy all before me