Not sure what kit to buy

kj16

I lost my job about two months ago. I decided to start my own home repair business. I was in the trades years ago, but have been out of touch for some time. Now that I am looking to get back into it, it seems their are so many new tools and more. Since I am starting up I am pretty much going to take any jobs that come my way. So they may be small plumbing jobs or large roofing jobs. I see you guys reviewed the Milwaukee M12 system and that seems great for smaller jobs. I am not sure if I would go with a small set such as a M12 set or go bigger with an 18V. I use to use the Milwaukee V28 and it was awesome. They took a beating. I don't need anything that big anymore. Would you recommend going with a M12 or an 18V system. How long do the batteries last with each. This Lithium was after my time. I always used Nicad. Thanks in advance.

Yeah it is a hard choice. The smaller kits are nice because they are light and you can get into tight spaces, but won't help at all with roofing or other bigger jobs. My best advise is to go with an 18V, get a couple jobs in the pipeline, then get the smaller kit. This way if you have a small plumbing job or other job for tight spaces, you can grab that kit for the day.

The Lithium batteries are great, you will like them. They last a long time and are a lot lighter than the Nicad batteries.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Being i sale the tools, I'd say go with the 18v set. If your worried about weight The MW M18 set is a good way to go. It uses the 1.5 Amp hour bats however... Bosch is slowly pulling out more and more of their 18v line up so you may be able to find a better deal. If you want to chat more give me a call.

• 1 month later...